Sunday, July 26, 2009

New Belgium Organic Mothership Wit

I am seriously becoming a huge fan of New Belgium. Their flag ship beer, Fat Tire was rather tasty but didn't quite take me on the mental voyage to Belgium that I had hopped for. The Organic Mothership Wit is a totally different story. It has a strong citrus smell, typical of Belgium brews, with a light, unfiltered color (almost milky). There was almost no hop smell or taste however, it had plenty of bite from the coriander and orange peels.
Domestic beers always tend to focus on balance, which never really excite my taste buds. In my early days of tasting Belgium beers, I didnt like them becasue they always seemed "extreme" when compared to domestic brews. When I started home brewing, I began to appreciate beers that didnt cater to the average Joe. I gegan to crave unique flavors and aromas. The New Belgium Organic Mothership Wit definately achieves that goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment